Still Heater*- 1500W Stainless Steel Cartridge Heater
Market price: $69.99, you save $5.00
The Still HeaterTM is specially made for use in distillers or moonshine stills. The cartridge style has 50% more surface area than standard tubular elements, reducing watt density and lowering the risk of scorching. Highly corrosion resistant, Brewhaus Still HeatersTM also come with a Teflon gasket for a tight seal. You will still need to use a bit of TEFLON tape on the thread because stainless on stainless can seize.
The 1" NPT fitting fits the standard coupling type added to most moonshine still kettles. Most water heater elements use a NPS fitting, which does not fit securely into a NPT coupling.
If you don't have a coupling installed in your kettle, you can drill a hole in the side of your kettle with a 1.25" drill bit and add the Stainless Steel Nut & Gasket add-on (above). Insert the Still HeaterTM into the hole and screw it into the nut on the inside. Once firmly screwed in, the gaskets will create a seal around the kettle, and you're ready to go. No welding required.
- Made of type 316 stainless steel
- Heater: 12"
- Power cord: 16"
- Always place your kettle on a heat tolerant surface when heating.
- A 2" distillation column requires one Still HeaterTM regardless of whether you are using an 8-gallon or 15-gallon kettle.
- A 3" column with an 8 gallon kettle requires one Still HeaterTM. A 3" column with a 15 gallon kettle may require 2 Still HeatersTM to bring it to a boil and then cut to one Still HeaterTM during distillation.
- A 4" column with a 15-gallon kettle may require 2 or 3 Still HeatersTM, depending on additional factors.
JasonAug 22, 2021, 12:00 AM1500 watt still heater. This thing is a game changer. Operate in silence. Works beyond my expectations. Great costumer service too.
FLOYD BUTTRYMay 5, 2021, 12:00 AMHeating element. Works great
Anonymous reviewerFeb 10, 2021, 12:00 AMGreat heater. Solid construction, easy to clean and the round construction prevents grains from getting stuck in between elements like traditional heaters. I would definitely purchase again.
EdDec 20, 2019, 12:00 AMExcellent quality heater but cord is way too short. I was told there is no video to show how to re-cord as it will almost always require a suitable extension. Sell it with a suitable length of 6 - 8 feet of proper wire.
RyanApr 1, 2019, 12:00 AMEfficient . Works great with a PID